Friday, February 14, 2014

Tough Love: 10 Anti-Valentine's Day Tracks


No, I'm not feeling "some type of way," its just last year I assumed that all of my audience was in a happy love bubble when I hit you with Roofie Rhymes (looking back, that's a corny ass name...ah well, you live and you learn). I now understand that most of my audience is miserable, so it's only fair that I hit you with some break-up/hate jams. Get your Kleenex and alibis ready, its about to get shitty. You're welcome.

10.) Kelis - Caught Out There
"I hate you so much right now....ahhhhhh!!!" 
Kelis is pretty much the queen of over-aggressive songs, and this is no different. I can picture her writing this song while cutting her ex out of old pictures. Nas must have went through hell.


9.) Big Sean ft. Jhene Aiko & Lil' Wayne - Beware
"You should beware, beware, beware of a woman with a broken heart"
Tell it, Sean!


8.) Ghostface Killah ft. Ne-Yo - Back Like That
"My girl cousins, they gon' rock you!"
You break Tony Starks' heart, he'll get his cousins NaeNae and them to handle it.


7.) Method Man ft. D'Angelo - Break Ups 2 Make Ups
"Got tired of the games, the lies, the feeble alibis. Now you fucking with the next guy, a thug n*gga."
Listen, girl. Meth's had it up to here with that nonsense. Scram.


6.) Chris Brown ft. Drake, Kanye West, T.I., Rick Ross, Fabolous, & Andre 3000 - Deuces (Remix)
"I'm on some new shit. I'm chucking my deuces up to her.I'm moving on to something better, better, better. No more trying to make it work. You made me wanna say bye bye, say bye bye, say bye bye to her."
Hey, when Ike Turner Jr. says hit the road, you better run. The pimp hand knows no mercy.


5.) Drake - Let's Call It Off
"Leave me, leave me, I can't fuckin' stand you. Wish I had the courage to say everything I planned to."
Drake might be the most heart broken rapper of all time.


4.) 88 Keys ft. Kid Cudi - Ho Is Short For Honey
"Hey Honey you remember me? I'm the one you "burnt" to the third degree. I'm the one you sent to the emergency. I'm the one who text you it's urgent please."
For those not in the know, "burnt" is slang for giving someone an STD. Herpes is always a good excuse for a break-up.


3.) Joe Budden - Ordinary Love Shit Pt. 3 (Closure)
"Life is in shambles, disguised as a damsel. Lies are a handful. Bouncin’ off of different guys lookin' scrambled."
Jumpoff Joey put everything on the table with this one. Put the ex fully on blast, and a former New York Giant running back as well.


2.) D'Angelo - Sh*t, Damn, Motherf*cker
"I tell ya what's on my mind. I'm bout to go get my nine, and kill both of y'all's behind."
D'Angelo catches his girl and his homie in bed together. What happens next? Let's just say it doesn't take him long to formulate a revenge strategy.


1.) Erykah Badu - Tyrone
"I'm gettin' tired of your shit. You don't never buy me nothin'"
...but you can't use my phoooonnnneee. Classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment