Thursday, September 8, 2016

J. Cole Announced to Headline Common's Aahh Fest!


After an all too long hiatus, Common is FINALLY (The Rock voice) bringing Aahh Fest back to Chicago! I was lucky enough to be in attendance for the inaugural event, and I am STILL reeling from all the emotions it opened up for me as a hip-hop stan fan.
I got my old school fix from MC Lyte and De La Soul. I got my conscious fix from Lupe Fiasco and Jay Electronica. Common gave me Chi-Town pride and a glimpse into the future by sharing the stage with the seasoned veteran Twista and a young upstart Vince Staples. Just when, I thought the night couldn't get any higher, Kanye surprised everyone by closing it out with set that consisted mostly of pre-808's classics.


You sprinkle in multiple great DJ sets and Dave Chappelle MCing throughout the night, Union Park was definitely the place to be on that chilly fall night in 2014.

It's back now, and the only thing that's missing is that old school love, but I'm sure that new jacks like Vic Mensa and Sir the Baptist will do their best to fill that gap. 

To be perfectly honest, for me, nobody else has to perform (sorry Lonnie), as long as I get to see J. Cole perform his hits while being backed by THE LEGENDARY ROOTS CREW. Yes! How monumental is that? I can't wait! If I miss this, I won't forgive myself...EVER.



Aahh Fest is on September 24 and 25 at Union Park. Tickets are available here. Don't miss out...we all know great shows don't come to Chicago too often, and this is definitely a great roster.

3 comments: