Friday, September 6, 2013

Daily Throwback: Cypress Hill - How I Can Just Kill A Man


The Shuffle God is feeling a little feisty with this one. Cypress Hill introduced me to a whole world of hip-hop with their first album, Cypress Hill. Hailing from California, Cypress Hill came out at time when it was too easy differentiate between West Coast and East Coast hip-hop, but refused to let their region define their sound. Both B-Real's nasal delivery and Sen Dog's booming ad libs are iconic sounds of hip-hop history. DJ Muggs production was second to none, and to this day his sound cannot be duplicated. This song was one of my summer anthems when I was 12 years old, it made me want to rock a flannel button-up and a wool skully in July. I wore this tape out. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment