Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Follower Critique: Fantom - Missing You


Well, lets just hope this edition doesn't hurt too many feelings.  Let's just say I lost a couple of followers after my review of LoveRaychelMusic. Ah well, all I can do is tell the truth.

The Twitter follower I am critiquing this week is a hip-hop artist that goes by the name of Fantom (@Fantomtime).  According to Twitter, Fantom is from Canada, continental home to Drake and the OVO family.  From that aspect, Fantom has some big footprints to follow in, but for the most part, this kid has potential.



His production team is on point.  Hugo Diaz (@HugoDiazBros) produced Missing You. This beat had me at hello.  I was waiting to see if Diaz would ruin it by throwing too much on it and rushing it, but he stayed patient like he was a veteran of the game. I could see many top notch rhyme-slangers going in on his beats in the near future.

As for Fantom, he is very fluid with his delivery.  On Missing You, you believe he's coming from the heart with his lyrics.  He's still rough around the edges, but that should smooth out once he becomes more comfortable with himself as an artist and puts in more work.  My only negative about the track was the hook, and that's only because I think Fantom was the one singing it.  Kinda made Ja Rule sound like R. Kelly.  If Fantom focuses on the bars and gives up the notes, I'm sure he will have a bright future.

I decided that I won't give stars or ratings, I will just give a follow back to artists that I like.  Fantom and Hugo Diaz are now being followed by the best blog that is linked to my personal Facebook page.  The only honor greater than that would be a Grammy.  Take a listen to Missing You below, and check out the link to Fantom's blog to hear more of his music.  You're welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment