Thursday, April 18, 2013

Follower Critique: LoveRaychelMusic - Right On Time


Since I opened a Twitter page for this blog, I've gotten a lot of follows from aspiring musicians.  Why, you ask.  I'm guessing they want me to feature their music on my blog.  Not a problem, but it comes with a price...I must give it an honest critique (unless you send a check, then I'll say its the greatest thing since Thriller, or whatever else you want me to write...every man has a price...no Ted DiBiase).

Two things I hope to accomplish with this: 1) I can help get quality, unheard artists a little bit of exposure (not much because let's face it, this blog is going nowhere fast), and 2) Brutal reviews will get shitty artists to shy away and leave me alone.




The first artist I will showcase is a young lady from London that goes by the name of LoveRaychelMusic.  I'll admit it, I didn't go into this critique with an 100% open mind.  The fact that LoveRaychelMusic is her actual stage name and not a Twitter tag is just annoying.  It has no flow to it, and it kind of foreshadows the lack of thought she puts into her music.

I put the name aside and went to the YouTube video she put on her page that features her debut single, Right On Time.  Within the first 30 seconds, I was bored.  The whole vibe of the song sounds like a cheesy Disney manufactured pop song from the late 1980s, like it was left off the License To Drive soundtrack.  I toughed it out though, and listened to the whole song, and sadly my opinion stayed the same.  The one highlight is the actual video production.  Obviously it was low budget, but whoever directed and edited it made it look somewhat professional.

Overall, LoveRaychelMusic's debut song was a huge disappointment.  I had high hopes based on the fact that she is from the UK, and the UK has been on a roll with producing full fledged soulful stars, from Amy Winehouse to Adele.  This made me want to listen to Gangnam Style...no, not really, but it was really bad. To say the least, L-R-M = L-A-M-E.  She's cute though, so I guess she's got that going for her, for a few more years at least.

Here's her video for Right On Time, so you can judge for yourself. For a clearer description of Ms. LoveRaychelMusic, there's a link to her website below. You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment