Monday, April 8, 2013

Week Sauce (3/31 - 4/6)


Welcome back to the poor man's written version of Best Week Ever, and when I say poor man's, I'm talking destitute.  I'm talking that golden voiced homeless guy on YouTube last year poor.  I'm talking declined LINK Card broke.  I'm talking...well I think you get it.  It's getting late, so let's get to it shall we.

Louisville's Kevin Ware's Broken Leg: Millions of viewers got to witness one of the most gruesome injuries ever broadcast on national television.  Luckily CBS had enough sense not to replay it (and lucky for you that I don't have enough sense to not post the picture).  During Louisville's Elite 8 game with Duke, on a routine block attempt, Kevin Ware landed funny and his leg snapped worse than a Mortal Kombat fatality. The worst part is that Ware got more ESPN exposure for his leg bone sticking through his skin than he ever did for actually playing basketball.  I love media priorities.

Sisqo Announces Comeback Plans: After 12 years of silence, Sisqo announced that he will be releasing his comeback album, The Last Dragon, later this year.  Unless there's a follow up to The Thong Song called The Boy Shorts Song ,or something of that nature, on this "comeback" LP, I don't think this release will garner much interest, but that could just be me.  Having said that, if Sisqo mounts a successful comeback before Derrick Rose, I'll be extremely pissed.



The 2013 MLB Opening Day:  Baseball is back, bitches!  That is all

Shain Gandee Found Dead:  Star of MTV's reality series, Buckwild, was found dead in a car along with his uncle and his friend.  I have no clue who he was, or what the f*ck a Buckwild is. Next.



Roger Ebert Loses Long Battle With Cancer: Famed Chicago film critic passed away this week after a length battle with cancer.  Ebert was quite the trailblazer, becoming the first film critic to win a Pulitzer Prize.  Ebert, along with peer Gene Siskel, who passed away in 1999, revolutionized the movie review game.  The phrase "two thumbs up" became an instant part of American pop culture folklore.  R.I.P. Mr. Ebert, and may you never be forced to review another shitty Fast and Furious movie in heaven.

There it is, all that caught my eye in the past week.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment