Sunday, April 7, 2013

Preach: Relevancy


So, by now, many of you have heard the new Ray J song or either heard about it.  For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, Ray J (yes, Brandy's brother) has released a song called I Hit It First.  Judging from the single artwork (seen above),  the "it" Ray J is referring to is Kim Kardashian's vagina.  Some make look at this move as bold, I see it as desperate.

Who is really checking for Ray J nowadays?  Nobody.  So, how else can Ray create a buzz in an industry he never really conquered in the first place? Controversy, that's how, or as I like to call it, the "50 Cent Method."

Sure, Ray J got the buzz he wanted, but the two people that should care (Kanye and Kim) aren't listening.  Yes, Ray, chronologically, you did hit "it" first, but I really don't think Kim is holding a place in your heart for you, considering she has moved on several times since your little video.

This whole publicity stunt is L-A-M-E lame if you ask me.  Maybe if Ray J was more relevant, I wouldn't yawn as much.  I mean, c'mon, you're Ray J.  I'm sure any chick that you have hit since then has someone that has "hit it first."  Kris Humphries is trying to erase this chapter from his live, and it seems to be the only thing you got.

I understand though, one can only go so far as Floyd Mayweather's personal piano man, but let it go already.    The worst part of this ordeal is that the song is straight garbage...horrible.  I would be able take you somewhat seriously if song was somewhat catch or listenable, but it is not.  Ders from Workaholics makes better songs than you.

What are you going to do in about a week when neither Kanye or Kim respond to this infantile attempt to gain exposure?  You hooked up with a not yet famous Kardashian, take it for what it's worth and move on.  She has since upgraded from you, and I'm guessing (from the fact that she is still on your mind) that you have only downgraded.

If you are truly a musician, please concentrate on the music and less on the drama.  The song sucks, the story is old, grow up already.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment