Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NBA Randomness


I debuted my first blog here then stepped away to mourn the playoff exit of my Chicago Bulls. Now that I've coped with the devastating loss, I got a lot to vent.  I'm going to try and get this out in one breath, somebody time me.



It's not that I thought we would beat the Heat, but after we won game 1, I had a bigger hope. The fact we were a 3 pointer away from overtime hurts. We get so close with this team. A couple seasons ago when we faced them, it was D. Rose's missed free throws that did us in. But after looking at the glass half full I realized how much heart we have. Watching Noah battle through injury. Watching Nate Robinson deliver on the big stage. Watching the maturation of Jimmy Butler in his second year.


Speaking of, with the NBA draft right around the corner, the rest of the league needs to take note how the
Bulls draft. Normally you don't get good picks at the end of the draft but they seemed to have gotten Taj Gibson with the 26th pick and Jimmy Butler with the 30th. They will have a higher pick this year so I'm actually looking forward to what we can do with it.




I like to play "What if..." with the NBA and think about if certain people got drafted to different teams or if certain trades didn't/did happen. Since I began this blog talking Bulls then I will start with them. Right now they shouldn't have Carlos Boozer. In the 2006 draft, they traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas. What if they had the same results going forward so were able to still end up getting D. Rose? They would of had more cap and could be focusing on just a shooting guard oppose to a shooting guard and questions on Boozer. The only thing good that can come out of this is the draft pick that came from trading Tyrus to the Bobcats for a unprotected 1st round pick in 2016.

On to OKC. A lot of people didn't like the Thunder trade of James Harden. I didn't mind it because they couldn't give Harden a max deal, and he didn't want to accept anything less. They got a nice haul back in rookie Jeremy Lamb, a shooter in Kevin Martin, and the 13th pick in this year's draft. The Thunder would have been in a different situation had they not changed their mind. They made a trade for Tyson Chandler in 2009 but rescinded it because he failed a physical. Tyson goes on to help Dallas win the title 2 years later.

What if the Lakers didn't trade for Pau Gasol? They would of had Marc Gasol and maybe developed him
into something better using the triangle offense. Hell, I still wonder how they would of been if the Chris Paul trade happened. In 2003, what if Detroit took Carmelo with the 2nd pick instead of Darko? Detroit could still be relevant today.

I gained a lot of respect for Kevin Durant. He gave $1 million to Oklahoma tornado relief efforts. I often wonder when things happen like this, why millionairess don't give more. Billionaires like Donald Trump & Mark Cuban can easily give a million. I mentioned those two because they have had a Twitter war where Mark Cuban offered $5 million to test if Trump's hair is real. Just wasting money because you got it.

After seeing Dwight on the Lakers, I wouldn't mind him going to Houston. I think it will be a better fit. The Lakers
should trade Pau and get what they can now in order to get cap relief. Save the cap you were going to use on Dwight. Since Kobe won't start the season that means their record shouldn't be too good, so that could set up a nice draft pick in the deep 2014 draft plus players like Lebron & Kevin Love could be available. They also would still have their amnesty in their back pocket.

Ah, I got that off my chest. Thanks for the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment