Thursday, January 2, 2014

Daily Throwback: Jay Z - Girls, Girls, Girls


The Shuffle God wishes everyone a happy new year by giving you all the gift of Hov. This gem was a stand out on Jay's legendary The Blueprint album. I loved this album and this song. I remember not having a job and being broke at the time the album was released (September 11th, 2001...the album Bin Laden couldn't stop) and contemplating just running up in Wal-Mart and strong arming a copy. Now that's a fan.

The only thing that disappointed me about this song was that Biz Markie, Slick Rick, and Q-Tip were all featured on the hook, so I always envisioned a remix with them all having verses that never happened. Wishful thinking I guess. The song is still great. Till this day, I will still blurt out "Jigga man, why you treat me like animuhl?" for no particular reason. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment