Friday, March 15, 2013

Just Sayin' - Vol. 2


Why is it acceptable to walk up to somebody and tell them that they are tall?  Like I didn't notice that shit.  Like for all these years I was buying the wrong length pants and because of your keen observation my life is forever changed.  Get the f*ck outta here (Eddie Murphy's Italian voice).

My personal favorite is "let me stand next to you to see how tall you are."  Are you blind mf'er?!  Like until we stand back to back I will not actually be taller than you, and everything is an optical illusion. If you just want to feel a grown man's ass on the small of your back, just say that, don't use my tallness as an excuse.

The kicker is the assumption that because I'm tall and black, I must have played basketball at some point in my life.  "You play ball?"  Bitch I'm 33 years old!  Kobe is 33 and talking about retiring soon.  "You could play for the Bulls."  Could I?  You mean that's all it takes to be a professional basketball player, height and skin color?  Shit, well let me stop slangin' Pell grant and Power Cards, and get my ass to the courts before its too late.

Just stop it!  Here's a visual to explain further how I feel.  Just a random YouTube clip, so excuse the the Apostles of Comedy tagline at the beginning of the clip.  Not trying to religify my blog.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment