Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week Sauce (3/24 - 3/30)


This week's edition is, well, weak sauce for lack of a better description (there are a ton of better descriptions, but I love puns).  I worked a ton of doubles this week, so f*ck off, I'm tired.  Well, don't f*ck off, read the post first, then you can politely f*ck off.

Here's a taste of what caught my eye while being forever at work this week.


Jodeci's European Vacation: Earlier this year, one of my favorite R&B groups of all time, Jodeci, announce that they were embarking on a comeback.  I loved the idea since past erratic behavior from K-Ci and JoJo basically ended the group's musical run.  This week they began what I call their "practice" tour in Europe.  I call it practice because I believe Europe is a good way to shake off the rust, seeing that most Europeans have less fickle musical tastes than fans in the states (they still clamor for Ace of Bass for Christ's sake).

Should be a walk in the park, right?  Nope.  First day in London, they got booed off stage for being drunk and mumbling through their songs.  Second night in London, a little less drunk, but maybe a little more high, because Mr. Dalvin decided to jump off the stage and came close to breaking his back.  Can't wait to see how the Germany and France shows go.

Fox News VS. Jim Carrey:  Jim Carrey released an comical anti-NRA musical parody via Funny or Die.  Fox News went all Fox News and decided this was the most important thing in the world went on a anti-Carrey smear campaign.  Carrey politely sent out a funny press release addressing the issue.  The funniest part is that Carrey got his biggest break via the Fox media conglomerate.  Can't we all just get along?

The Heat's Streak Ends in Chicago:  The shorthanded Bulls (c'mon D-Rose!) did what many teams with full rosters haven't been able to do in 27 games...beat the Miami Heat.  The Heat will probably still win it all, but at least the Bulls won't be a part of some record breaking trivia question.  LeBron's headband went up a little higher Wednesday night after crying about Kirk Hinrich being rough with him (yes, that Kirk Hinrich).



Aunt Viv Wants To End Beef With Will Smith:  Janet Hubert, the original Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, stated that she wants to end her feud with Will Smith.  I'm sure Million Dollar Willie is relieved.  He's probably like "who?", or "what show?"  Making money tends to erase memories.  Why did I just write about that?




That's how much news I caught this week, I wrote about Aunt Viv.  My thirst to keep you people amused made me do that, so I hope you're happy.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment